Current Vacancy: Bookkeeper
- Job Title: Bookkeeper
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive
- Experience: At least two years working in a retail environment or in a business that deals with stock
- Location: On-site in Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Hours: 8:30am to 5pm
- This is a full-time, in-house position – no freelancers please
- Preferably have own transport
- Must know the Xero Accounting package (this is essential)
Extended Job Description
Please read in full before applying
A bit about us:
- We are a small but growing ecommerce store processing around 1200-1500 orders per month.
- We are currently a team of six staff members (ranging in age from 22 to 36)
- We warehouse, pick and pack all orders onsite, and source stock from local distributors
- Will have worked in a company with stock before (e.g. retail store)
- Will know the Xero Accounting package (essential)
- Should feel comfortable working in quite a fast-paced and technology-driven environment
- Will report to the co-founders but work on their own most of the time to a set list of tasks/goals per day. We are not looking to micro-manage them.
All aspects of the bookkeeping for the business. This includes but is not limited to:
- Daily capturing of previous day's customer invoices
- Daily capturing (as needed) of supplier invoices once SKUs have been created
- Maintaining transaction data for the various clearing accounts and ensuring those are uploaded to Xero regularly
- Fully reconciling the accounts on at least a weekly basis
- Accounting for returns, refunds and credit notes
- Accounting for and journaling stock of packing boxes and packing material on a weekly basis
- Completing each month end and the year end in a timely manner
- Preparing VAT returns (our accountant does the actual return and interacts with SARS)
- Any other activity that will ensure the company's books are accurate, compliant and up to date.
- On rare occasions you may also be asked to assist in other parts of the business, such as when a stock take is taking place or when we are experiencing a surge in orders.
- All work will take place on-site at our offices on Rustenberg Wine Estate in Stellenbosch (we feel this is best to shorten the communication time and for general oversight of the work done.)
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting is essential
- Having worked in a retail environment or with stock will be advantageous
- We are looking to implement the Profit First system of cashflow management in 2022. Knowledge of this system will be beneficial to your application but it is not essential.
- We are not looking for a CA(SA) and will not undertake to pay the CA annual fee should the candidate hold this qualification.
- We are NOT looking for a freelancer: this is a full-time, in-house position.
How to applySend your CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 October 2021
The following information is essential for us to consider your application:
- Full CV with previous work experience
- Contactable references
- Salary expectation
- Starting date availability