The FLAXi Hot/Cold Headache compress is a natural aromatherapeutic aid in relieving headaches brought on by tension, anxiety or fatigue. It assists in pain relief by applying a hot or cold compress to the temples or headache area – migraines, for example, often react better to a cold compress, while tension headaches tend to respond to a warm compress. The weight of the bag also promotes natural relief from pain.
The FLAXi headache compress contains an infusion of peppermint, spearmint, lavender, basil and mandarin aromatherapy oils, all of which are shown to provide pain relief, promote anti-inflammatory healing, and act as a mild sedative.
The FLAXi bags can be reused again and again, but if you'd like to enhance the aroma and extend the life of your bag, be sure to check out the Aromatherapy Refresher Mists designed to accompany the range.
We have a whole range of stunning aromatherapy products for all ages in the FLAXi Heat Therapy collection!
- Available in a choice of three beautiful designs (each sold separately)
- 100% Cotton Outer, Flaxseed & Organic Lavender filling
- 30 x 9.5cm / weight approx. 340g
- Hand-crafted in South Africa
- Designed for use as a hot or cold compress
- Retains heat for up to 40 minutes at a time
- Aromatherapy Refresher Mists are available to enhance the aroma and extend the life of the pillow.
Directions for use:
Hot therapy: Heat the compress in microwave for 30 second increments until it feels warm. Apply to the back of the neck or forehead to relax the affected muscles and relieve the headache. Increases blood flow to alleviate muscle tension in the jaw, face or neck.
Cold therapy: Place the compress in a sealed bag, inside the freezer, until it feels cold. Apply to the forehead, touching the temples or the other affected area. Slows blood flow to decrease inflammation and nerve conduction, all of which helps to reduce headache pain.
Find a quiet room to lay down. Place the FLAXi Headache Compress to the affected area/s. Effective with a hot, cold or room temperature compress.
Whole Flaxseed provides a soothing, moist heat which has proven to promote healing. Flaxseeds (which are flower seeds) are used in FLAXi bags rather than grains, as they contain 30 - 40% oil which remains inside the seed and can be warmed over and over again. Other treatment products will lose their ability to retain heat over time, as the water in them eventually evaporates. Flaxseed will never produce the “cooked grain” smell that other grain-based products create when heated over multiple occasions. Additionally, the reduced weight of Flaxseed provides a gentle and comforting texture to our FLAXi bags.
We offer a variety of secure payment options, including:
- Paystack: Card payments (Visa, Mastercard, and Amex) and instant EFT payments via OZOW, Masterpass, and Snapscan.
- Payflex: Flexible payment plans with no additional fees or interest.
- Zapper: Payment via pre-registered Visa and Mastercard cards using the Zapper app.
- Manual EFT: Payment through electronic funds transfer with specific instructions provided via email after checkout.
Please note that all payment options are safe, secure, and encrypted. Customers can choose the option that suits them best during the checkout process.
Standard Delivery with DPD Laser or The Courier Guy:
- Cape Town and surrounds: R65
- Major centres (Johannesburg, Pretoria, Centurion, Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth): R85
- Regional areas: R99 (R169 for large packages)
Express Delivery with DPD Laser:
Only available to Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Pretoria. The rates are as follows:
- Cape Town and surrounds: R129
- Major centres: R169
We want all of our customers to be delighted with their goodies, so we will of course offer a refund if you are not happy with your purchase or if there is a problem with a product. As always, though, some terms and conditions apply. Please note that certain items cannot be returned, and there are reasonable time limits for you to make your decision.